Placing or Receiving calls
It you are having trouble placing or receiving calls, try the following steps:
- Check the dialing instructions to ensure that you are dialing correctly.
- If you are having trouble receiving calls, be sure that the ringer button is on and the ringer volume is turned up.
- If there is no dial tone:
- Plug another telephone set into your jack and place your call again. If the call goes through, your telephone set may not be working properly.
- Check to make sure that the phone is plugged into the correct jack. (The telephone cord will fit into the Ethernet jack)
- If you have a cordless telephone set, make sure you have a fully charged battery.
- Disconnect your answering machine or anything else you may have plugged into your jack. Place the call with only the telephone set plugged in. If the call goes through, the problem may be the other equipment or how you have connected the equipment.
- UITS Telecommunications does not provide technical assistance for your personal telephone set.
- If your jack is physically damaged, fill out the Trouble Report Form
- If the above steps do not solve the problem, call UITS Telecommunications at 486-4357.
- If you would like voicemail, you must fill out the online Voicemail Form
- If you have already signed up for voicemail and now it is not working:
- For any other troubles, fill out the Trouble Report Form
Damage caused by apparent tampering and/or vandalism may be billed to room occupants. Subscribers may be held responsible for any repair charges when the malfunction is proven to be in, or caused by, equipment they have provided. Any damage found after the subscribers have left campus may be billed to the room occupants.
If a technician is dispatched for repair and the problem is not related to your telephone service or if no trouble is found, an additional service order fee of $100.00 may be assessed on your next billing statement.